Career Networking Opportunities
We provide many networking opportunities designed to support students looking to secure internships and full-time employment.
Starting in the fall and continuing through the spring, companies looking to hire the best and brightest MBA candidates visit UNC Kenan-Flagler. Typically more than 100 organizations come to UNC Kenan-Flagler during the academic year to present information about career opportunities within their company. Receptions before or after each company presentation provide opportunities for informal networking between company representatives and MBA students.
More than 150 employers conduct MBA interviews at UNC Kenan-Flagler each year. The Career Management Center makes it easy for students to review and apply for these interview opportunities. For a list of companies that come on campus to recruit Kenan-Flagler students, see the MBA Recruiter Roster.
At UNC Kenan-Flagler we work to maximize one-on-one interactions with potential recruiters. Every September, we organize the MBA Networking Reception. Through this forum, you can network with many companies who come back to recruit on campus later in the year. While other career fairs are mainly another method of submitting resumes, the UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Networking Reception offers you the unique chance to connect with key recruiters in a relaxed, conversational environment.
Career Fairs and Interview Forums
Our MBA students also participate in national career fairs open to several schools like those organized by the National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA) and the National Society of Hispanic MBAs (NSHMBA). In addition as a UNC Kenan-Flagler student you will also have access to invitation-only career fairs like:
- A Day in the Bay: The West Coast MBA Interview Forum – This event focuses on West Coast companies, and is open only to students from 11 top business schools including UNC Kenan-Flagler, Tuck, Ross etc.
- Sustainable Enterprise Career Fair – UNC Kenan-Flagler’s Center for Sustainable Enterprise organizes this career fair for students interested sustainability-focused careers
- Carolina MBA Connection Career Fair – This invitation-only career fair is organized by UNC Kenan-Flagler, Fuqua, Babcock, and Jenkins MBA programs
Career clubs plan visits to companies in their industry or function of interest. Most recently, the Real Estate Club traveled to Atlanta and Washington D.C.; the Marketing Club visited companies in New York, New Jersey and Atlanta; and Finance Club members went to banks in New York and Charlotte.
Extended Job Search
Every year companies hire a number of MBA students in full-time or internship positions that do not have a physical on-campus presence. UNC Kenan-Flagler provides a number of resources for students to extend their job search:
- Alumni network: The UNC Tar Heel Alumni network runs deep. UNC Kenan-Flagler students not only have access to the UNC Kenan-Flagler alumni database, but the UNC undergraduate alumni database as well. Tar Heels live all over the US and abroad and are almost always willing to talk with a fellow Tar Heel.
- Career clubs: The student led career clubs often create contacts at companies to talk with club members about various aspects of their company or industry. These contacts are great sources of additional networking opportunities for UNC Kenan-Flagler students and can lead to career opportunities.
- Online Job Postings: Companies seek to recruit the best talent. UNC Kenan-Flagler students benefit from the online job postings which are sent to the CMC by companies looking to hire UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA students.
- Resume Book: The CMC provide resume books to companies looking to hire our MBA students. The books are another avenue for students to get noticed by employers. We also produce a range of specialized resume books for international students, career fairs, and career club trips.