Allison Elia, online MAC student and director of operations for a not-for-profit organization, puts her growing accounting skills and knowledge to work right away, demonstrating an ideal blend of classroom learning and on-the-job application.
It's time to learn.
You come to school to learn. So, the quality of the curriculum and the professors, as well as the instructional approach of the program, matter. You want to be challenged, at a pace that you can manage. You’ve come to the right place.
Here’s what you’ll find:
- The same curriculum as our on-campus format, with unique electives including some from our MBA program. You’ll master key accounting and analytics principles, develop leadership and communication skills, and have the opportunity to pursue a concentration in auditing or taxation. In addition, elective courses allow you to enhance your experience with specialized topics, such as law, finance, or negotiations.
- The same world-class faculty, including some with extensive work in the accounting field or the corporate world. You’ll study with lead professors who are recognized for their research and ranked among the nation’s finest. You’ll also work with section professors, real-world practitioners who possess a unique ability to connect what you’ll learn in the classroom to what you’ll use in the office, wherever that office may be!
- A powerful learning model that combines individual study, live classes, and group work. You’ll watch lectures and review case studies on your own, then meet your professors and classmates in the online classroom for a robust discussion. Outside of class, you’ll work virtually in small groups on projects related to the course material.
- Rigor and challenge. If you’re driven to succeed, you will flourish in this program. Why? Because the program was designed for people like you. You’ll find the work challenging and the material and environment stimulating. You’ll also find a great deal of encouragement from your peers, from your professors, and from the support staff.
- Opportunities for global study. Understanding how accounting and finance principles are applied in foreign markets can broaden your perspective in many ways. In the MAC Program, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in optional global immersions where you’ll learn from key leaders in international business centers.
>> Next: Learn about career services and recruiting
>> Review the application requirements
>> Videos: Hear, and watch, what our students have to say