UNC Kenan-Flagler presents 2016 alumni awards
The University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School honored six alumni at its 18th annual Alumni Association Awards ceremony on Oct. 28.
The awards recognize members of the UNC Kenan-Flagler community who personify the School’s core values of excellence, leadership, integrity, community and teamwork.
“The remarkable achievements of our award winners show the transformational power of a Carolina education,” said Douglas A. Shackelford, dean and Meade H. Willis Distinguished Professor of Taxation. “Through their careers, their contributions to the broader community and service to the School, they are role models for all of us.”
Three Alumni Association Awards were presented.
- William N. Starling Jr. (BSBA ’75) of Portola Valley, California, managing director of Synergy Life Science Partners, LP and CEO of Synecor, LLC, received the Business School Leadership Award for exceptional achievement in a career field, personal endeavor or service to UNC Kenan-Flagler.
- Raj Rajkumar (MBA ’93) of Singapore, founding partner and director of Symphony Asia Holdings Pte. Ltd., received the Global Leadership Award for global participation and initiative to advance the School’s education, research and public service mission.
- Allison M. Hughes (MBA ’14) of Barrington, Illinois, project manager in corporate security, Discover Financial Services, received the Dwight W. Anderson Young Alumni Award for leadership in career accomplishments and exceptional commitment to the School.
Alumni Merit Awards, which honor graduates who personify the School’s tradition of excellence, were presented to:
- Richard “Stick” Williams (BSBA ’75) of Huntersville, North Carolina, retired vice president of corporate community affairs of Duke Energy Corporation and retired president of the Duke Energy Foundation
- Susan E. Cates (MBA ’98) of Chapel Hill, chief operating officer of 2U Inc.
View photos from the 2016 Alumni Awards celebration here.
- C. Scott Hultman (MBA ’08) of Chapel Hill, Ethel and James Valone Distinguished Chair for Plastic Surgery at UNC-Chapel Hill