UNC Real Estate Conference set for March 27
The UNC Real Estate Conference will be held March 27 at the University of North Carolina.
Organized by the Leonard W. Wood Center for Real Estate Studies at UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School, the conference draws real estate market professionals from all industry segments to UNC to discuss real estate and capital markets topics and network.
The event will include talks by:
- Douglas T. Linde, president, Boston Properties
- Will McIntosh, executive managing director and global head of research, USAA Real Estate Company
- R. Byron Carlock, Jr., PwC national partner, real estate leader, PriceWaterhouse Coopers
- Robert G. Kramer, founder and president, National Investment Center for Senior Housing & Care Industry
It also will include "The Class of 1999" industry panel discussion with UNC Kenan-Flagler graduates:
- Ross Cowan, managing director, Northwood Investors
- Kent Griffin, president and chief operating officer, BioMed Realty
- Jeff Lowenberg, vice president, development, GID Development Group
- Brent Morris, director, True North Management Group
- Stephen Van Dusen, managing director, Eastdil Secured
David Hartzell (PhD '85), Wood/Bell Distinguished Professor and director of the Leonard W. Wood Center for Real Estate Studies, will moderate the panel.
UNC Kenan-Flagler has been a leader in real estate education for over 40 years, developing students’ knowledge and technical skills so they can build successful careers in real estate.
Founded more than a decade ago, the Wood Center is responsible for initiatives that together yield innovative programing, invested faculty and staff and engaged alumni. The result is a "Real-World Real Estate" experience for students at UNC Kenan-Flagler.
Conference sponsors are the North Carolina Real Estate Educational Foundation, Inc.; BioMed Realty Group; FCA Partners; Highwoods Properties; Mill Creek Residential; Prudential Real Estate Investors; USAA Real Estate Company; Wood Partners; and PDQ.
The UNC Real Estate Conference begins at 12 p.m. at the Carolina Club. The fee includes lunch and a reception. Registration deadline is March 24.
For more information and to register, visit www.unc.edu/realestateconference