UNC Kenan-Flagler to co-host first Clean Tech Summit Feb. 26
The Center for Sustainable Enterprise (CSE) at UNC Kenan-Flagler is joining with the UNC Institute for the Environment to hold its first annual Clean Tech Summit on Feb. 26, 2014. The event is organized in partnership with the Research Triangle Cleantech Cluster and Strata Solar.
The Clean Tech Summit will focus attention on North Carolina’s Research Triangle area as a global leader in the clean tech field. Clean tech includes smart grid technology, efficient water management, efficient multimodal transportation, environmentally sustainable waste disposal technologies and more.
Event highlights include:
- Remarks by Strata Solar founder and CEO Markus Wilhelm
- Keynote address by Brad Ives, assistant secretary for natural resources, N.C. Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Keynote address by Sensus Chairman Lou D’Ambrosio
The Clean Tech Summit will include panel discussions on:
- Building a stronger innovation ecosystem in the Triangle
- North Carolina’s clean tech landscape
- Policy for engendering North Carolina’s clean tech growth
- Support for the clean tech sector at UNC
- Smart cities
- Economic development
- Financing for clean energy entrepreneurs
- Workforce development
The summit will be held at the William and Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education in Chapel Hill. Registration for the event, at www.ie.unc.edu/cleantech, is $125, with a special registration rate of $20 for students.