UNC KENAN-FLAGLER NEWS
Faculty research magazine is now an iPad app
The research magazine of the UNC Kenan-Flagler, R.O.I., is now available as an iPad app. R.O.I.
shares the insights and best practices from the faculty's research so business people can apply them to current challenges – and prepare for the changing global landscape.
The new issue of R.O.I.
features research that shows how:
- foreign investments in emerging markets make them emerge faster
- the lack of sleep can lead to deviant behavior
- U.S. investors route income through offshore tax havens
- hedge funds play a role in a financial crisis
- hedge fund activists take cues from institutional exit
- newspaper columnists have historically influenced the market
- firm and employee age affect who works for startups
- weather affects business
- emerging markets can build global brands
It also provides exclusive interactive features, links and rich media. Download the free app
or read the fall issue here
has always given us the opportunity to showcase our faculty’s research, this new approach showcases it in a format with far broader reach – to more people and in greater depth,” said Jennifer Conrad, senior associate dean for academic affairs and the Dalton McMichael Distinguished Professor of Finance. “The articles about their research include links to the original papers through the Social Science Research Network, which is becoming an increasingly important way to broaden the impact of their work.”
“The new R.O.I.
iPad app allows us to showcase UNC Kenan-Flagler faculty's thought leadership in ways never possible before through print,” said Michael Schinelli, chief marketing officer. “We are thrilled to present this brilliant research in such an accessible and engaging way.”
This newest app is part of a broader strategy to develop a powerful mobile presence for greater engagement, including the UNC Business app
and The MBA App
for prospective full-time MBA students.