Carolina Women in Business will host its eighth annual conference Nov. 8, 2013, at the University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School.
It features keynote addresses by Sallie Krawcheck (UNC ’87) of 85 Broads and Michelle Jarrard of McKinsey & Company and panels and workshops that explore the theme “Achieving New Heights.”
• “The Power of Mentor Relationships” with LaTonya O’Neal, Deloitte Consulting; Courtney Quinn (MBA ’05), Liberty Mutual; Lauren Stump (BSBA ’98), Burt’s Bees; and Wendi Powell, ExxonMobil
• “Leveraging Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace” with Liz Kasberg (MBA ’10), GE Healthcare Life Sciences; Cheryl Stevens (EMBA ’98), Cheryl Stevens Consulting; Karen Diamond (MBA ’09), Morgan Stanley Smith Barney; and Sophia Lopez (MBA ’09), IBM Corp.
• “Entrepreneurship: Stories from the Front Line” with Jennifer Durbin (EMBA ’07), RTI International and Clueless Chick; Phaedra Boinodiris, (MBA ’08), IBM Corp.; Vickie Gibbs (MBA ’98), Albright Digital; and Nick Jordan (BSBA ’03), Smashing Boxes
• “How to Sell Yourself in Times That Matter” with Angela Guido, Communicate Yourself, Inc.
• “Networking Within Your Organization” with Sharon McMillen Cannon, management and corporate communication professor, UNC Kenan-Flagler
• “Negotiation Skills for Today’s Business Leaders” with Sreedhari Desai, organizational behavior professor, UNC Kenan-Flagler
Conference sponsors are Liberty Mutual Insurance, ExxonMobil, Vanguard, General Electric, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Direct Supply, Wells Fargo Securities and BB&T.
For more information and to register, go to http://cwibconference2013.com/