UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School honored seven alumni award winners Nov. 2 at the school’s 14th annual Alumni Association Awards ceremony.
James W. Dean, Dean of UNC Kenan-Flagler, noted that the awards salute members of the UNC Kenan-Flagler community who have distinguished themselves through their careers, their contributions to the broader community and their service to UNC Kenan-Flagler.
“We strive to instill in our students the core values of excellence, leadership, integrity, community and teamwork, and we recognize these individuals as role models for the alumni who will follow,” Dean said.
The Alumni Association Awards winners are:
• John P. (Jack) Evans of Chapel Hill, Hettleman Professor Emeritus and former dean of UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School, received the Business School Leadership Award for exceptional achievement in a career field, personal endeavor or service to Kenan-Flagler.
• Peter H. McMillan (BSBA ’91) of San Francisco, partner at TPG Capital, received the Global Leadership Award for global participation and initiative to advance the school’s education, research and public service mission.
• Callie Joyce Brauel (BSBA ’09) of Durham, N.C., co-founder and US Director of A Ban Against Neglect (ABAN), received the Outstanding Young Alumni Award for leadership in career accomplishments and exceptional commitment to the school.
The remaining four honorees received Alumni Merit Awards, given from UNC Kenan-Flagler’s degree programs to alumni who personify the school’s tradition of excellence:
• Frank C. (Duke) Steinemann (BSBA ’70) of Jacksonville, Fla, chairman and chief executive officer of Steinemann and Company, bachelor of science in business administration award;
• Lee S. Ainslie III (MBA ’90) of Glen Head, N.Y., founder and managing partner of Maverick Capital Management, LLC, master of business administration award;
• Tesa L. Oechsle (OneMBA ’06) of Cary, N.C., chief financial officer and treasurer of LORD Corporation, executive MBA award;
• Anne Harris Lloyd (BSBA ’83) of Cary, N.C., executive vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer of Martin Marietta Materials, Inc., master of accounting award
Heather Harreld, (919) 962-8951, email@example.com