The University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School will offer “Essentials for Successful Cross-Cultural Business,” a series of workshops and webinars for business professionals across industries who seek to refine their cross-cultural communication skills to successfully do business across borders.
Three experienced cross-cultural trainers will lead a series of four workshops (which can be attended online or in person) and four webinars (online only).
The series begins Oct. 26, 2012, and runs through April 16, 2013. Participants who complete the entire series of four workshops and four webinars will receive a Certificate in Cross-Cultural Business Communication from the UNC Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER).
“Working with constituents around globe has long been a reality for many businesses, but managing and leading across cultures remain challenging,” said Julia Kruse, executive director of the Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) at UNC Kenan-Flagler. “This program gives busy professionals the opportunity to improve their skills and understanding, whether they participate online or come to UNC Kenan-Flagler.”
The workshop topics include:
- “Navigating Global Business Communication”
- “Assessing and Understanding Communication Effectiveness Across Cultures”
- “Requisite Skill Sets to Manage Successfully Across Cultures”
- “Maximizing Cross-Cultural Fluency in Business Contexts”
The webinar topics include:
- “Working Effectively with China”
- “This Week in Brazil: A Cultural Foundation to Understand Current Events in Brazil”
- “Successfully Managing China Supplier and Partner Relations”
- “Current Challenges that Multinational Companies Are Facing in Brazil: Brief Case Studies”
Leading the workshops will be Tim Flood, associate professor at UNC Kenan-Flagler; Joy Huang, president of Connect East LLC; and Orlando R. Kelm, associate professor at the University of Texas at Austin.
The early-registration cost is $440 per person for all four workshops and four webinars; the cost after Oct. 8 is $540. For more information and the complete schedule, visit http://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/ciber/programs/essentials-for-cross-cultural-business. For questions, contact CIBER executive director Julia Kruse at 919-962-4929 or firstname.lastname@example.org.