Global Business Projects
Students solving real-world challenges for global clients
The Global Business Project (GBP) is a unique action-based learning course for students that includes:
- Students from multiple business, cultural, and university environments working with corporate executives to solve a business challenge
- Teams working virtually first in the US and then on the ground in Brazil, China or India
- Actionable recommendations, professionally presented
This one of a kind program provides benefits for Clients and students.
Learn more about what we do.
For Clients, benefits include:
- High quality, fact-based recommendations from an outside perspective on a business challenge
- Access to the world's best and brightest students from multiple schools and countries for evaluation as interns and full-time employees and as ambassadors back to partner schools
For Students, benefits include:
- International business experience to complement their existing work and academic experience
- Access to companies that recruit undergraduates and MBAs
- Opportunity to work with fellow students from different backgrounds, different countries and different schools in a virtual and face-to-face team setting
- Exposure to consulting skills and frameworks
The course/projects begin with a GBP Bootcamp January 16-18, 2015 in Chapel Hill, NC for all students and faculty. Teams do virtual meetings and independent pre-Kick Off work until mid-February, then step up their virtual team work through May. The team will either spend their in-country time March 6-15, 2015 or May 14-24, 2015 - which will be determined before the start of the project. The final presentation to the client will be determined on team-by-team basis with all being completed by the 29th of May.
Teams are constructed through a competitive application process with members drawn from any of the partner schools.
How a Client qualifies to participate:
- Submits a corporate challenge that can benefit from a fresh perspective provided by an student consulting team that collectively has experience in the country, the industry, and the focus of the project
- Provides senior executives to work with the team to ensure success
- Contributes a USD$20,000 per project fee to offset program costs, plus covers all project-related expenses of the team and faculty advisor during the 9-10-days in-country (March 6-15 or May 14-24), and international round-trip airfare for the faculty advisor.
How a Student qualifies to participate:
- Submits a compelling application
- Pledges to do top-quality work for credit, putting in time and effort equivalent to the most demanding business school class spanning approximately 15 weeks of the academic year (depending on the in-country time period)
- Agrees to engage in all face-to-face and virtual meetings, including the Bootcamp Weekend in Chapel Hill, NC that will be held January 16-18, 2015 and 9-10 days in-country -- either March 6-15 or May 14-24, 2015.
- Pays student program fee ($2,500 -- $500 when you commit and the balance by December 17). Please check with your school rep or the GBP Program Office to see if any subsidies are being offered.
Client Application - Client applications are now being accepted. The deadline to apply for a GBP 2015 team has been extended to October 15, 2014. For questions or concerns, please contact Program Director or Director of Global Business Outreach, .
Student Application - Student applications will open the first week of September for the following groups:
- Kenan-Flagler Undergraduate Business Program students - deadline is October 12th
- Kenan-Flagler EMBA students - deadline is October 12th
- IIM-U (International Partner School) - deadline is November 3rd
- Lingnan (International Partner School) - deadline October 26th
- UNISINOS (International Partner School) - deadline October 30th
- Purdue (US Partner School students) deadline November 3rd
- Wisconsin (US Partner School students) - deadline midnight CST October 13th
Student applications will be accepted starting October 23rd for the following groups:
- Kenan-Flagler MBA students - deadline November 3rd
- MBA@UNC students - deadline November 3rd
For questions or concerns, please contact GBP Program Manager .