The Kenan Institute offers research, consulting services and educational programs that:
- Increase understanding of the dynamic forces shaping the world around us.
- Prepare business and community leaders to act effectively in today's globally connected marketplace.
- Help clients develop and pursue competitive strategies that are knowledge-driven, market-based and sustainable.
We conduct sponsored research and analysis on issues, trends and processes that impact company and community competitiveness.
Our work helps clients gather and make sense of the information they need to plan and make good decisions and develop tools to implement them.
Our consulting services translate knowledge into solutions that help companies and communities compete. This includes:
- Visioning and competitive strategy — figuring out where to go and how to get there.
- Economic and community development — identifying competitive assets and opportunities — from industry clusters to airports to tourist attractions — and creating a roadmap to capitalize on them.
- Business growth strategy — helping communities mobilize resources to support local business growth.
- Logistics and supply chain management — applying technology to logistics systems and operations to help organizations work faster, smarter and more effectively.
- Urban investment strategy — developing new approaches to age-old challenges of educating and creating prosperity for poor, minority and disenfranchised people and rebuilding distressed communities.
We educate students, business people, community leaders and the public through a range of educational programs, such as:
- Public events — keynote addresses, panel discussions, forums and other events that bring innovative, successful people to UNC to discuss and examine critical issues and new approaches to competitive challenges.
- Focused, custom, non-degree programs — workshops and programs designed to teach participants how to do business in new emerging markets and sectors, such as our Business Across Borders Summit and Next Generation programs, or promote entrepreneurship and venture creation, such as Carolina Challenge and Launching the Venture.
- Internships and practica — opportunities for UNC Kenan-Flagler students to participate in institute consulting projects across North Carolina and around the world.
Contact the Kenan Institute to find expertise and support to tackle your competitive challenge.