Strategies & Services
The Center for Strategic Economic Growth draws on leading-edge knowledge, proprietary analytical tools and databases, and innovations proven to make a bottom-line difference for companies and the communities in which they operate.
Here are the key strategies and services we use to accelerate business growth in a region.
Fuel High-Growth Entrepreneurs – Identify needs and mobilize resources to help high-potential companies grow:
- Conduct comprehensive business assessments and reviews to identify potential source of funding (e.g., venture capital funds, angel networks, private equity funds)
- Provide technical assistance for early-stage and mature entrepreneurs to prepare companies for funding opportunities
- Connect companies with experts and resources at the institute and UNC-Chapel Hill, acknowledged leaders in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Facilitate locally based entrepreneurial networks to enhance networking opportunities to connect high-growth ventures with funders
- Identify eastern North Carolina “dealmaker” networks through proprietary research methods
- Identify high-growth firms and assesses their specific business needs and requirements
- Assess leadership development needs through interviews and surveys
- Develop and deliver customized leadership development programs based n needs assessments
- Develop and deliver customized business services, based on needs assessments
Help Communities Grow and Retain Businesses – Develop, launch and advise local business retention programs:
- Help local economic development entities develop and launch business growth and retention initiatives (i.e., promotion, training, survey development, etc.)
- Support and advise local business growth and retention programs
Plan for Strategic Regional Economic Development – Inform and support local strategic planning:
- Leverage relationships with community partners and UNC schools and departments to support strategic economic development planning in communities and regions
- Conduct research on growth companies that have prospered during sector decline to understand why and how to replicate it
Analyze Economic Impacts – Understand and inform local initiatives:
- Conduct applied research initiatives, such economic impact analyses and feasibility studies, to enhance a region’s economic ecosystem
Contact us to learn more about services available to help your community’s high-growth entrepreneurs prosper.