Visit the Family Enterprise Blog
- The Art of Letting Go – The third and final installment of FEC Co-founder, Steve Miller, is published in India’s Smart Manager and deals with how to maintain the vigor of a family business while passing it down to the next generation.
- New Kids on the Block - India’s Smart Manager publishes the second of three articles by FEC co-founder, Steve Miller, and discusses the importance of succession planning in family business.
- MBA Concentrations for the Daring - The FEC's Cooper Biersach is quoted in Bloomberg's Businessweek about the new Family Enterprise Focus.
- How To Biltmore Value – The Smart Manager India features a family business article on governance by Steve Miller, co-founder of the Family Enterprise Center.
- UNC's Family Enterprise Center Prepares Next Generation to Take Over – News & Observer writes about “the most effective method of bringing about successful succession for a family business: the Family Enterprise Center program at the Kenan-Flagler business school at UNC-Chapel Hill.”
- From the Boardroom to the Dinner Table: MBAs and the Family Business - Find MBA article about educating family business students features Cooper Biersach, Director of the FEC.
- March 2012, Kenan-Flagler IMPACT blog featured Thiago Penido, MBA 2009, Kenan-Flagler Impacts Family Business Leaders
- December 2010, Kenan-Flagler IMPACT blog featured Elizabeth Anne Winters, BSBA 2009, Minding Your Manners
- October 2010, Kenan-Flagler IMPACT blog featured John Ward Making Success a Family Legacy
Recent Visitors to Campus
- Charles S. Luck IV, President and CEO, Luck Companies, Richmond, VA
- Paul Leone, President, The Breakers, Palm Beach, FL
- Ted Wentz, MBA '08, founded FireCraft as part of his family’s firm, Quadratec, West Chester, PA
- Joel Manby, President and CEO, and Chris Herschend, Vice Chairman of the Board, Herschend Family Entertainment, Norcross, GA
- Roy Richards, Board Chairman, Southwire, Carrollton, GA
- Dini Cecil Pickering, Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors, Biltmore Company, Asheville, NC
- Thiago Penido, MBA ’09, Director of Strategic Planning, Grupo Serveng, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Stephen Shuford, MBA ’97, Executive Vice President, Shurtape, Hickory, NC
- Michael Jacobs, Founder and CEO, Jacobs Capital, Chapel Hill, NC
Family Enterprise Social Media