UNC Business Essentials
Student Ambassador Scholarship Program from UNC Business Essentials
UNC Business Essentials is an online business certificate program offered through UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School. The program is designed specifically for non-business students to develop valuable business knowledge and experience and accelerate their careers.
UNC Business Essentials has introduced a Student Ambassador scholarship program which awards recipients a full scholarship for the UNC Business Essentials program, a $2,500 value. In addition, Student Ambassadors will represent Business Essentials on campus, building program awareness through campus events and via social media throughout the academic year.
Role of Student Ambassadors
The role of the Student Ambassadors is defined broadly in an effort to allow the students to creatively fulfill their roles in the manner that works best for them. Student Ambassadors are required to:
- Use social media outlets to generate continuous interest and awareness about the UNC Business Essentials program
- Increase undergraduate awareness through campus activities such as hanging UNC Business Essentials posters around campus, passing out program information and speaking to student groups about the program
- Submit blog posts about the program as requested
- Complete the UNC Business Essentials online program courses and obtain the business certificate prior to the start of the academic year
- Provide insight to UNC Business Essentials team on areas for improvement
Student Ambassador Application Process
We are always interested in finding new Student Ambassadors for UNC Business Essentials. To apply for the scholarship, please a resume, a one-page essay (250 words or less) describing how you would use social media and campus activities to promote UNC Business Essentials, why you want to be a Student Ambassador, your contact information and the name of your school - include your major, current GPA and anticipated graduation date. Please note that you are not able to apply for the scholarship by filling out the form on the Apply page. That application is for the UNC Business Essentials program, not the scholarship. The deadline for the application submission in March 31, 2015.
Student Ambassador Blogs
For a behind-the-scenes look at the program, visit the UNC Business Essentials Blog and see what our current Student Ambassadors have to say.