Dates: June 8 -10, 2016
The business landscape is constantly changing, becoming increasingly volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous. This chaotic and turbulent environment can be very demanding, causing stress and, eventually, burnout. Modern business leaders need to become more resilient, adopting new skills to be successful in this “new normal.” The Resilient Leadership program is designed to help business professionals become more agile, offering new skills, tools, and techniques to lead more effectively in the today's dynamic businessworld.
- The Resilient Leadership program is designed for high-potential and mid-level managers, directors, and senior executives who want to:
« PrevNext »
- Improve leadership effectiveness in the face of increasing volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity
- Develop new strategies to better manage stress, set priorities, and avoid burnout
- Motivate, inspire, and engage others
- The Resilient Leadership Program provides emerging leaders with a critical framework to ensure long-term, sustainable success. More experienced leaders will develop new skills and tools to improve personal leadership effectiveness and create a culture in which people perform to the highest levels.
Program participants will:
« PrevNext »
- Become more agile business leaders with practical skills to lead in the “new normal”
- Develop an effective strategy to create a better, more integrated work-life balance
- Practice new, sustainable techniques to manage stress and avoid burnout
- Learn to identify and overcome the most common leadership challenges that contribute to misunderstanding, conflict, and stress
- Understand the importance of Emotional Intelligence while strengthening their own emotional acumen
- Understand the dynamics that drive change in an organization
In the Resilient Leadership covers a variety of topics, including:
« PrevNext »
- Work/Life Integration Strategies for Success
- Understanding Work Style Differences Which Can Lead to (Avoidable) Conflict
- Delegation: Carving up your work load so it works for both you and those you lead
- Embracing and Leading Change
- Emotional Intelligence and Self-Awareness to Avoid Burnout and Achieve Better Business Results
The Resilient Leadership program features many esteemed members of the UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School faculty. Listed below is a sample of the faculty and topics that are typically included in this three day leadership development program.
Mike Christian, PhD, is an assistant professor of organizational behavior who focuses on understanding how energy, engagement, self-control and other self-regulatory processes affect behavior at work and how these factors dynamically relate to unethical behavior as well as desirable work performance.
Shimul Melwani, PhD, is an assistant professor of organizational behavior who focuses on the self and others awareness.
Matt Pearsall, PhD, is an assistant professor of organizational behavior who researches leadership, team performance, and team adaptation with a focus on helping cross-functional teams successfully integrate the expertise of their members.« PrevNext »
- The Resilient Leadership program is held at the Rizzo Conference Center, our world-class facility in Chapel Hill, NC. The Rizzo Conference Center was designed to foster executive management education and is wired for business so we can integrate new technologies into our teaching methodologies.« PrevNext »
Below you will find links to additional information on the Resilient Leadership open enrollment program:
Program Brochure for the Resilient Leadership program