Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I enroll for an executive program?
A: Executives may enroll by one of the following methods:
- Apply on-line by selecting the program for which you wish to enroll.
- Call: (800) 862-3932
- Fax your completed enrollment form to: (919) 962-1667
- Send your completed enrollment form to:
UNC Kenan-Flagler Executive Development Enrollment
CB # 3445 Rizzo Center
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3445
Space is reserved upon receipt of the completed enrollment form. A letter of acceptance and an invoice will be sent to registrants upon receipt of submitted enrollment.
Q: How do I pay?
A: There are several options for payment:
- Check: Mail a check to The University of North Carolina with your completed enrollment form, or with the invoice that will be sent to you with your acceptance letter.
- MasterCard, Visa or Diners Club credit card
- Wire payment: If you wish to wire your payment, please call (800) 862-3932 and ask to speak to the program manager of the program for which you are enrolling.
Q: When is my payment due?
A: Payment is due upon receipt of invoice. We do not guarantee space in a program until payment is received.
Q: Are there any discounts available?
A: There are several discounts available. Please click here or on the green "Apply" button on any Open Enrollment program page for the discount information.
Q: What is your cancellations/transfers policy?
A: Written notice is required for both.
- Qualified substitutes for enrollments can be accommodated prior to the class start date with written notice. Cancellation fees are based on the number of days from the class start date and must be received in writing: the fee is 25 percent of tuition within 15-30 days; 50 percent of tuition less than 15 days prior to class start date. Cancellations within 3 business days of the start of the program will incur the full program fee.
- One transfer (to a subsequent offering within 12 months) is allowed per enrollment and must be received in writing. Transfer requests received within 30 days of class start date will incur a US $500 transfer fee. A transfer received within 30 days of class start date and followed by a subsequent cancellation will be subject to the applicable cancellation fee. Transfers within 3 business days of the start of the program will incur the full program fee.
Q: How far away is the airport? Should I rent a car?
A. RDU airport is approximately 20 miles from the Rizzo Conference Center:
- Taxis and shuttles are available for transportation to the Rizzo Conference Center.
- Pre-arranged limo service is also available; information about this service will be provided at the time of registration.
- Should you wish to rent a car, there is ample parking at the Rizzo Conference Center. As transportation is provided for all activities during the program, you will not need a car during the program except for your own personal use.
Q: Where will I stay and is the cost included in the program fee?
A. Participants may stay at the Rizzo Conference Center.
- The cost of overnight accommodations is included for all programs except two-and three-day seminars.
- For two- and three-day seminars, participants must make their own reservations and are responsible for their overnight expenses.
Q: Are meals included in the cost?
A. For two- and three-day seminars, breakfast, lunch and snacks throughout the day are included. (For the Executive Development Institute and Business and Human Resources, some dinners are included as well.)
Q: What is a typical daily schedule?
A. Classes generally begin at 8:15 a.m. and end at 4:00 p.m., with mid-morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. Lunch is from 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Some programs schedule occasional evening sessions.
Q: Will I receive pre-program readings and logistical information?
A. Yes, pre-program information and materials will be sent to you three to four weeks prior to the beginning of the program. This information includes suggested:
- Transportation services
- Hotel amenities and contacts
- Recreational opportunities
- Recommended attire
- Other information to help you prepare for your stay in Chapel Hill
Q: Where can I find directions to Chapel Hill and the Rizzo Conference Center?
A. Directions can be found on the directions page.
Q: Can I use my laptop to access the high-speed Internet at the Rizzo Conference Center?
A. Yes. You must first configure your laptop following these instructions.