Windows XP Wireless Access
Wireless configuration instructions may vary depending on your version of Windows.
Step 1: You must physically be at the Rizzo Center to configure your laptop for wireless access.
- Go to Start/Settings/Control Panel.
- On the left side of the screen, click Switch to Classic View if the option is available.
- Double click on Network Connections.
- Right click on Wireless Connection and select Properties.
- Click on Wireless Networks tab.
- Make sure Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings check box is selected.
- Select Add under Preferred Networks and a window similar to the one on the right will open.
- Type RizzoRoadRunner in the Network name (SSID) field.
- Select Open from Network Authentication drop down menu.
- Select Disabled from Data Encryption drop down menu.
- Select the Authentication tab and uncheck Enable IEEE...
- Select OK.
- Click Advanced in lower right corner of Wireless Properties window.
- Select Access Point (infrastructure) networks only and uncheck Automatically connect to non-preferred networks.
- Select Close.
- Click OK to complete configuration.
NOTE: This resource is part of the UNC wireless network. If your laptop is already configured to work on the UNC campus, including the business school, you do not need to change your configuration. This document is intended for non-registered laptops.