Coffee for Eight (C48) exposes students to a diversity of perspectives in entrepreneurship by offering them the opportunity to meet a featured entrepreneurial guest over coffee. Only eight select students attend each C48 event, which allows for a more intimate and participatory roundtable discussion.
The format of C48 is quite informal; featured guests share a bit about their professional backgrounds and the rest of the hour is reserved for student questions. This allows each C48 event to flow organically and serve the unique needs of its attendees. The C48 program was designed specifically as a complement to traditional networking events frequently encountered by business students. The seasoned entrepreneurs and other professionals are usually eager to share their personal career wisdom and C48 provides them with an open forum to connect with students. This real-world advice is extremely valuable as students as they map out their next professional move.
In addition to networking with the featured entrepreneurial guest, C48 facilitates cross-program interaction among students with similar career interests. C48 sessions are held periodically throughout the academic year (once every 2-3 weeks) to accommodate a wide variety of guests and student interests.
Past Coffee for Eight participants
- Kate Blanchard (MBA‘08) – PerkinElmer Informatics (Tech Entrepreneur)
- Andy Dreyfuss – Piedmont Angel Network (Angel Investor)
- Elaine Bolle – RTP Capital (Local Investor, Former CEO)
- Tina Prevatte (MBA‘09) – Farmhand Foods (Local Alumni Entrepreneur)
- Lorenzo Mejia – SIMTone Corporation (Serial Entrepreneur)
- Jason Caplain – Southern Capitol Ventures (VC Investor)
- Judith Cone – UNC Chancellor’s Office (Entrepreneurship guru)
- Martin Sinozich – Venn Capital (Entrepreneur, Angel Investor)
- Bob Creeden – Blackstone Entrepreneurs Network (Entrepreneur,
Visit the Coffee for Eight website