Career Coaching Program
If you are interested in having a coach
Below you will find the steps you need to take to participate in the CSE Career Coaching Program with the associated deadlines for each step. This program is offered on a first-come-first-serve basis. There is no guarantee that all applicants will receive a coach.
Program Process and Timeline
- Take some time to think through the following 3 areas on the application form: Your background, your goals around a career in sustainability and what you hope to gain from a career coach.
- Mod I - Application form and resume due to Tracy Triggs-Matthews. (Application and resume will be sent to your coach to help him/her prepare for first interview) *If there is no way you can meet this deadline, but still want a coach, please contact Tracy directly to discuss options.
- Ongoing through Mod II - Initial coach/student matches will be made. You and your coach will each be notified of the match via email. Coaches will be asked to contact you to introduce themselves, after which the responsibility for further contact is yours. Where possible, the CSE will assign the student we feel is the best match.
- Mod III - You must complete a background and introductory interview with your coach by this date. This interview is designed for you to learn more about your coach and his/her organization. It is also expected that you will discuss your own background, interests, and goals - as well as both parties' expectations for the coach relationship, including plans for future contact. This initial meeting usually lasts about one hour. A list of suggested questions will be provided to aid in the initial conversation, if desired.
- Mod III - Summary of your initial interview with your coach and a plan of action for future contact is due to Tracy (via email). If possible, try to schedule another meeting with your coach within this time and note it in the summary.
- The CSE Coaching program is student driven. Each student and coach should have decided how often they will meet or communicate based on the expectations of what both parties hope to gain from the experience.
- Who can participate in the CSE Coaching Program?
Any MBA student enrolled at UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School interested in sustainable enterprise may apply for the mentor program.
- How much of my time will the program take?
Time commitment varies and can be largely determined by the coach and student. It can be as little as one hour a month.
- What is the timeframe of the program?
The Coaching program officially runs from September to April.
- Other questions?
Contact Tracy Triggs-Matthews at .