Real World. Real Estate.
Current students, faculty, and alumni share how an experiential learning environment involving an engaged community of world-class real estate participants has led to unparalleled career success for the program’s students and alumni.
Real Estate Conference
UNC Kenan-Flagler’s Real Estate Program is well known for its engaged alumni and students, and the past year has been a shining example of that commitment.
The Panama and Cuba GIE focused on real estate and students met with two of the five major families in real estate in Panama.
One-of-a-kind Real Estate Fund
Student managed investment fund helps UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA students spot real estate deals while managing real money. More
Leonard W. Wood Center for Real Estate Studies
The Wood Center exists to enrich the real estate experience at UNC Kenan-Flagler for our students, faculty, alumni and employers. Specifically, the Wood Center is responsible for a number of initiatives that together yield innovative programing, invested faculty and staff, and engaged alumni. The result is a "Real-World Real Estate
" experience for our students.
- The annual UNC Real Estate Conference – Organized by the Wood Center, this annual event brings industry leaders together for a lively discussion of current real estate trends.
- The invitational UNC Real Estate Development Case Challenge – This annual invitational event attracts the top MBA real estate programs in the US and Europe. The Center provides all logistical support for this highly respected, one-day competition.
- Our Student Managed Real Estate Funds – For a select group of students this handson experience in the operation of a private investment fund is invaluable for establishing personal and professional relationships with national real estate developers and investors.
- Access to Industry Certifications – To further augment the real estate student experience, the Wood Center provides access to the ARGUS certification program and other programs that assist our students in career searches for internships and employment.
- Sponsorship to attend Real Estate Industry meetings – To further provide our students with real-world exposure, the Wood Center arranges alumni leadership for, and financial assistance to attend, industry meetings such as the Urban Land Institute, NAREIT, NAIOP, International Council of Shopping Centers, National Multi Housing Council, and National Association of Real Estate Investment Managers.
- Employer engagement – In partnership with the MBA Career Management Center, the Wood Center provides support and mentoring for our students. Take a look at our MBA real estate recruiting overview.
- Career trek development for the MBA Real Estate Club and the Undergraduate Real Estate Club.
- Curriculum support at both the Undergraduate and MBA levels.
- Continued involvement beyond graduation – To provide program alumni with a means to connect with other real estate alumni and to foster relationships with current students in the real estate program, our UNC Real Estate Alumni Network operates across the country and around the globe.