Intern in Madrid
||Madrid Internship Program
||Summer 2016 - May 18 - July 9, 2016
7.5-week program, with:
3 days for orientation and on-site interviews
7-week internship component (in Spanish)
||Up to 5 Kenan-Flagler Business School students
Approximately six-hour workdays, Monday – Friday (240 contact hours)
Students will have access to professional internship opportunities spanning a wide variety of industry sectors in Madrid. EUSA's internship services include:
- Telephone pre-placement meeting with EUSA Madrid placement manager, which is conducted in Spanish
- Placement of student in a professional practice internship
- Follow-up and any required trouble-shooting
- Coordination with each internship supervisor and receipt of the supervisor's and the student's written evaluations
- 5 semesters of college-level Spanish, which is the equivalent of completing SPAN 255/260.
- Language assessment form completed by your Spanish professor as part of your application (the process for completing this form is described in the online application form)
- Internship coursework, including reflective activities assigned by UNC
- Students will receive credit for BUSI 493 for 3.0 hours of business elective credit
- Supervisor's written evaluation may be used as a component of the student's grade
|Management and Safety
EUSA's Madrid office provides management and support to students for the duration of the program. A EUSA program director will be the principal contact for students on issues of housing, safety, culture and social life in the city. The program director will be available via regular office hours, outside the students' normal work schedules, to answer questions and resolve problems and will be available to students 24 hours per day via cell phone for medical, legal or other emergencies.
EUSA will provide eight weeks of homestays in Madrid, and three days of accommodation in a hotel during orientation.
EUSA will provide a social program for students during the course of the program. This will include group visits to historical and cultural sites within Madrid, and other activities to be determined while the students are in Madrid.
EUSA will arrange for:
- Airport pick-up for group designated flight
- Third-party liability insurance
All fees are EUSA charges to UNC-Chapel Hill and are based on current prices. Prices will reflect the Spanish rate of inflation and any movement of the U.S. dollar against the Euro. A $700 UNC Study Abroad Fee will be charged to your UNC student account once you confirm your acceptance to participate in the Madrid Internship Program.
|Per-student costs include:
- Placement in a professional practice internship, which includes follow-up, any required trouble-shooting, coordination with the internship supervisor and receipt of the supervisor's written evaluation
- Orientation in Madrid
- Eight weeks of housing in homestays and three days of accomodation in a hotel during orientation
- On-site program management and emergency support
- Cultural exploration activities program
- Airport pick-up for group-designated flight
- Third-party liability insurance for each student
Total estimated expenses*
could be higher or lower depending on a student's personal situation and habits
|EUSA Program Fee
|UNC Study Abroad Fee
Undergraduate Social Media