How to Apply
Application - Company applications are still being accepted.
How a Company qualifies to participate:
- Submits a corporate challenge that can benefit from a fresh perspective provided by a student consulting team that collectively has experience in the country, the industry, and the focus of the project
- Provides senior executives to work with the team to ensure success
- Contributes USD $20,000 to cover administrative expenses associated with your project team
- Covers all project-related expenses of the team and faculty advisor during the 10-12 days at the in-country project site (including room and board and meeting space with working internet)
- And cover international travel expenses for the faculty advisor (including the visa)
For questions or concerns, please contact Program Director, Paul Friga, or Director of Business Partnerships, Meena Dorr.
If you wish to review the application in advance of submitting it online please download our STAR Global Company Application Worksheet.
Application - Student applications for all schools are now closed.
How a Student qualifies to participate:
- Enrolled at UNC or one of the partner schools (see Contacts page)
- Submits a compelling application
- Pledges to do top-quality work for credit, putting in time and effort equivalent to the most demanding business school class spanning approximately 15 weeks of the academic year (depending on the in-country time period)
- Agrees to engage in all face-to-face and virtual meetings, including the Launch Weekend in Chapel Hill, NC that will be held January 29-31, 2016 and in-country May 13-27
- Pays student program fee* - $500 deposit when you accept your assignment and $2,000 balance due mid-December (total of $2,500)
- Agrees to cover their international travel expenses
* Please check with your school rep or the STAR Global program office to see if any subsidy or financial assistance is being offered.
Should you have any questions, please contact STAR Global Program Manager, Debbie Williams