Dates: Contact us for dates
Today, it is becoming increasingly difficult to stand out from the competition. Industry-leading companies incorporate innovation strategically in order to differentiate themselves from the competition. Leaders must strive for new ways of doing business in order to prepare for and adapt to change and stay ahead of the competition. During this seminar, you will examine case studies featuring business innovation at its best, and you will learn how to make strategic business innovation a norm. You will also gain an understanding of the various forms of innovation and explore the difference between incremental and radical innovation. With this business innovation training, you will be able to engage in effective strategic business planning and innovation implementation.
Senior managers through executives responsible for:
- Setting strategic business planning direction
- Driving business models, products and/or services innovation
- Strategic innovation implementation
Both individuals and teams will benefit from this seminar« PrevNext »
« PrevNext »
- Apply new business innovation training to current business challenges
- Understand innovation as a strategic leadership option
- Develop a plan to leverage organizational capabilities through strategic innovation
- Understand how other organizations drive profitable growth with innovation
- Craft a value proposition to grow profits through strategic innovation
- Understand the cultural challenges of embracing innovation
- Create a plan to embrace innovation
- Learning in Action: Participants are encouraged to bring real questions and challenges to this seminar which will be analyzed in small groups.
- Earn 2.3 CEUs (Continuing Education Units)
« PrevNext »
- Customer-Focused Innovation and Growth
- Differentiation through Technology and Business Innovation
- Discovery of the Next Wave: Marketplace Trend Analysis
- Competing with Innovation in a Globally Connected Marketplace
- Understanding the Drivers of Success in Strategic Innovation
- Strategic Innovation and Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Creating an Innovation Receptive Culture
- Application of Concepts to Participant Industries
- Design and Delivery of World-Class Strategic Innovation
Strategic Innovation for the New Business Environment features many esteemed members of the UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School faculty. Listed below is a sample of the faculty and topics that are typically included in this 3 day strategic innovation program.
Sridhar Balasubramanian, PhD,* is a professor of marketing with a wide range of research and teaching interests. In this strategic innovation program, he concentrates on customer-focused innovation and growth.
Atul Nerkar, PhD,* is a professor of strategy and entrepreneurship who teaches about understanding the drivers of success in innovation and corporate entrepreneurship and innovation in this program.
Albert H. Segars, PhD, is a professor of strategy and entrepreneurship who teaches about differentiation through technology and business innovation in this strategic innovation program.
Ronald Williams, Professor of the Practice co-authored the briefing paper A Fresh Perspective on Innovation: The Braudel Rule.
*Sridhar Balasubramanian and Atul Nerkar participated in interviews on the topic of innovation with a focus on how it contributes to a company's overall success, why doing what is most effective can be so difficult, and what steps can be taken to overcome obstacles and employ innovation advantageously. Their perspectives, along with those of three other Kenan-Flagler faculty members, are included in the Insights Series: Innovation. « PrevNext »
Strategic Innovation for the New Business Environment is held at the Rizzo Center, our world-class facility in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. The Rizzo Conference Center was designed to foster executive management development and education and is wired for business so we can integrate new technologies into our teaching methodologies.
This program can be delivered to individual teams or business units, either at our facilities in North Carolina or anywhere in the world. This program can also be customized to meet the unique needs of your organization.« PrevNext »
Below you will find links to additional information on the Strategic Innovation for the New Business Environment open enrollment program:
Program Overview for the Strategic Innovation for the New Business Environment program
Sample Schedule for the Strategic Innovation for the New Business Environment program