Eight alumni of the Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill received special recognition at the 13th annual Alumni Association Awards ceremony on November 4.
- Julian Robertson (BSBA 1955) of New York City, noted investor, environmentalist and philanthropist, received the Business School Leadership Award for exceptional achievement in a career field, personal endeavor or service to Kenan-Flagler.
- Peter G. C. Mallinson (AB Economics, MBA 1983) of London, principal of CDK Group LLC, received the Global Leadership Award for global participation and initiative to advance the school’s education, research and public service mission.
- Joi M. Corrothers (BSBA 1998) of Brooklyn, N.Y., vice president and chief of staff of U.S. business at MetLife, received the Outstanding Young Alumni Award for leadership in career accomplishments and exceptional commitment to the school.
The remaining five honorees received Alumni Merit Awards, given from UNC Kenan-Flagler’s degree programs to alumni who personify the school’s tradition of excellence.
- John A. Allison (BSBA 1971) of Lewisville, retired chairman and chief executive officer of BB&T Corporation, bachelor of science in business administration award
- Thomas W. Lewis (MBA 1973) of Paradise Valley, Ariz., founder, owner and CEO of T.W. Lewis Company in Phoenix, master of business administration award
- Penny Oslund (EMBA 1990) of Durham, retired executive director of MBA for Executives Programs at Kenan-Flagler, executive MBA award
- C. Martin Nassif (BSBA 1961) of Wake Forest, retired certified public accountant, master of accounting award
- Allaudeen Hameed (PhD 1992) of Singapore, provost’s chair of finance at the National University of Singapore Business School, Ph.D. award.
We invite you to view our Flickr photo gallery from this year’s Alumni Awards.