2008 Kenan-Flagler Alumni Awards
UNC’s Kenan-Flagler Business School recognized seven outstanding alumni at its 10th annual Alumni Association Awards ceremony Nov. 7.
Leonard W. Wood (MBA '72), retired founder of Wood Partners, LLC, received the Business School Leadership Award, which recognizes an alumnus or alumna who demonstrates exceptional achievement in a career field, personal endeavor or service to UNC Kenan-Flagler. Wood resides in Atlanta.
Jack N. Behrman (MA '45), Luther H. Hodges Distinguished Professor Emeritus at UNC Kenan-Flagler, received the Global Leadership Award, which honors an alumnus, alumna or friend of the school whose global participation and initiative advance the school’s education, research and public service mission. He lives in Chapel Hill.
Five distinguished alumni received Alumni Merit Awards, given from UNC Kenan-Flagler’s degree programs to alumni who personify the school’s tradition of excellence.
- David M. Carroll (BSBA '79) received the BSBA Alumni Merit Award. He is a senior executive vice president and head of the capital management group at Wachovia Corporation. Carroll resides in Charlotte.
- Tom Harvey (MBA '72) received the MBA Alumni Merit Awards. He is the former Pulte Homes area president for Florida and the former executive director of the Center for Real Estate Development at UNC Kenan-Flagler. Harvey resides in West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Claire Babrowski (EMBA '95), executive vice president and chief operations officer of Toys "R" Us, received the Executive MBA Merit Award. She resides in Boonton, N.J.
- Roland T. Rust (PhD '79) received the PhD Alumni Merit Award. He is Distinguished University Professor and David Bruce Smith Chair in Marketing at the Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland. Rust lives in Bethesda, Md.
- William F. Ezzell, Jr. (BSBA '73) received the Master of Accounting Alumni Merit Award. He is national managing partner of legislative and regulatory relations for Deloitte, LLP. Ezzell resides in Arlington, Va.