Dudley Carroll Society
The Dudley Carroll Society honors alumni and friends who document their generosity and commitment to UNC Kenan-Flagler through a will, trust or other planned gift of any size. The society is named for the business school’s first dean, Dudley DeWitt Carroll.
Dudley Carroll helped establish the University’s Department of Commerce in 1919, which was later renamed Kenan-Flagler Business School in 1991. During the 31 years Carroll served as dean, the school awarded its first undergraduate and doctoral degrees, created the Business Foundation and moved twice to accommodate growth.
Members of the Dudley Carroll Society help ensure the future excellence and impact of UNC Kenan-Flagler by making simple bequests to the school or by naming the school as a beneficiary of a living trust, life insurance policy or a qualified retirement plan. You can also become a member by establishing a charitable gift annuity, charitable remainder trust or charitable lead trust. Donors who make planned gifts of $100,000 and above are also recognized as members of the 1919 Society.
Donors who support UNC Kenan-Flagler with a planned gift provide the foundation for the school’s continued excellence in years to come. As a member of the Dudley Carroll Society, your generosity clearly demonstrates how one generation can help the next.
- Make a gift of any amount to the UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School Foundation from your will, revocable trust, retirement plan or other estate plan.
- Complete the Deferred Information Sheet.
- Provide us with a copy of that portion of your estate plan pertaining to the gift.
- Dean’s Invitation and Welcome Packet – Eligible candidates will receive a letter of acknowledgment from UNC Kenan-Flagler’s dean in a welcome packet.
- Membership Announcements – Membership lists and announcements may be included in select publications and websites and displayed in suitable venues.
- Honor Roll Acknowledgment – Members will be published in our annual donor honor roll each fall.
- Special Events – Members receive invitations to exclusive events.
- Member privacy – To ensure privacy, eligible candidates may specify degrees of anonymity and participation in the Dudley Carroll Society.
- 1919 Society – Donors who make planned gifts of $100,000 and above are also eligible for the 1919 Society.
- Leaders Weekend – Donors who document a planned gift of $500,000 and above will be invited to UNC Kenan-Flagler's Leaders Weekend.