View our Donor Honor Rolls.
The 1919 Society recognizes donors who have demonstrated their dedication to UNC Kenan-Flagler by achieving substantial cumulative lifetime giving. Individual donors are eligible when their cumulative giving total reaches $100,000, including matching gifts and documented planned gifts.
The 1919 Society is named for the year that the University established the Department of Commerce, one of the oldest accredited business schools in the nation. The Department of Commerce was renamed Kenan-Flagler Business School in 1991 to honor Mary Lily Kenan Flagler and her husband, Henry Morrison Flagler. The renaming recognized an extraordinary gift from Frank Hawkins Kenan, also the benefactor of the school’s Kenan Institute of Private Enterprise.
The 1919 Society honors our most generous and committed Kenan-Flagler donors at four giving levels. Contributions may benefit multiple designations at the school. The threshold is based on cash contributions and documented planned gifts by an individual or household.
Throughout UNC Kenan-Flagler’s history, gifts from generous alumni and friends like you have been fundamental to our success as one of the best business schools in the world. Today your support remains more important than ever. Through our lifetime giving societies, we extend our gratitude to you for helping UNC Kenan-Flagler fulfill our mission. Thank you!
|| $5 million and above
|| $1 million - $4,999,999
|| $500,000 - $999,999
| $100,000 - $499,999
- Lifetime giving to Kenan-Flagler of $100,000 and above
- Planned gifts included
- Matching gifts included
- Couples’ giving combined
- Cash only (pledges excluded)
- Members enrolled at the end of each fiscal year
- Dean’s Invitation and Welcome Packet – Eligible candidates will receive a letter of acknowledgment from UNC Kenan-Flagler’s dean in a welcome packet.
- Membership Announcements – Membership lists and announcements may be included in select publications and websites and displayed in suitable venues.
- Honor Roll Acknowledgment – Members will be published in our annual donor honor roll each fall.
- Special Events and VIP Access – 1919 Society members are honored at special recognition events and join the inner circle of visionary supporters who enjoy a closer relationship with UNC Kenan-Flagler.
- Member privacy – To ensure privacy, eligible candidates may specify degrees of anonymity and participation in the 1919 Society.
- Priority Communications – Members are privy to special communications from the school.
- Donor Appreciation Weekend – Donors whose lifetime giving totals $1 million and above will be invited to the UNC Kenan-Flagler Donor Appreciation Weekend.