Alumni Council Inaugural Meeting – November 2006
On November 3 and 4, 2006, the Alumni Council met for its first semi-annual weekend planning retreat at the Rizzo Center. On Friday night our 16 member group enjoyed a reception with current UNC Kenan-Flagler program staff. They then attended a dinner at DuBose House, hosted by Tom Kenan and also attended by Dean Steve Jones; Associate Dean of External Affairs, Jim Gray; Executive Director of Alumni Affairs, Jeff Terry; and, Associate Director of Alumni Affairs, Catherine Nichols.
In their Saturday work session the Council members addressed three major issues that will be the focus of this first phase of their efforts:
- Are current Alumni Affairs Office services equally meaningful for all degree programs? How can the total program be more effective for all programs?
- What are ways to increase alumni giving to Kenan-Flagler?
- How do we expand the number and enhance the quality of alumni clubs?
The work session produced several outcomes, including:
- In 2007, there will be one Alumni Reunion Weekend for all degree programs, as opposed to separate events for each program.
- A more strategic plan of communication and implementation of focused messages will be incorporated into the UNC Kenan-Flagler Annual Giving effort in 2007.
- A comprehensive plan for the continued development of Alumni Clubs is being prepared for Council approval and will be shared with all Club leaders.
The next meeting of the Alumni Council will be held on May 4 and 5, 2007, in Chapel Hill.
The Council's most critical mission is to serve as a resource and voice for the graduates of all KFBS programs: BSBA, MBA, Executive MBA, MAC and PhD. We exist to enhance your relationship with your business school. As we continue with these current initiatives, we will be reaching out to you in variety of ways in the coming months but at all times we welcome your direct feedback on all aspects of your life as an alumnus. Please contact Amy Farley at firstname.lastname@example.org.