Alumni Career Advisors share their professional knowledge and perspective to help both current students and alumni achieve their career goals. All Kenan-Flagler alumni, as well as interested faculty and staff, are heartily encouraged to join the Network. As a Career Advisor, you control the level and nature of your involvement. You may choose to connect with advisees by phone, email, or in-person to provide advice, insight, information, or referrals.
How Career Advisors Can Help
Alumni and students are instructed to review your profile before contacting you to ensure that their questions match the type of assistance you are willing to provide. You may be contacted only a few times a year or a bit more frequently if you work for a well-known company or in a popular job function. Advisees may seek your support with:
- Exploring career options by learning about your job/function which may include day-to-day responsibilities, challenges, needed credentials, and potential career paths.
- Better preparing for their career by seeking advice on relevant coursework and internships.
- Identifying target companies and preparing for interviews by gaining your perspective on your company such as its history, structure, organizational culture, future outlook, and work environment.
- Researching specific industries by asking about emerging trends, leading companies, and hiring needs and practices.
- Expanding their network by welcoming your referral to others in your company or industry for additional information, advice, and job leads.
- Improving their job-search success by gaining your perspective on effective job-hunting techniques.
- Identifying recruiters in your market that may be worthwhile to connect with.
To join the Network, or to update your information, create/check your Career Advisor Profile here. To ensure your record at Kenan Flagler is completely current, be sure to also update your record in the Online Community/Alumni Directory as well.
If you have any questions about the Alumni Career Advisor Network, please contact Elizabeth Wallencheck, Director of Alumni Career Management at or 919.962.2678.