Inside Kenan-Flagler (IKF): Minority Preview Weekend
Friday, October 31 - Saturday, November 1, 2014
Hosted by Alliance of Minority Business Students (AMBS) & MBA Admissions Office
Last year's IKF participants experienced interactive career panels and leadership workshops, admissions and financial aid tips, networking opportunities with corporate representatives and school alumni, advice on maximizing "student life," social activities and opportunities to engage members of the MBA Admissions Committee, current students, faculty, and staff.
Since 1987, IKF has been the weekend for diverse, top-notch prospective full-time MBA students to experience UNC Kenan-Flagler and Chapel Hill in-person. And once again, we invite professionals from communities that are underrepresented in American business schools - specifically, African Americans, Hispanic Americans, and American Indians, among others - to submit the IKF Event Application (coming soon!).
Hotel accommodations, meals and transportation are provided during IKF. Space is limited, and invitations are issued on a rolling basis. You do not need to complete the admissions application first.
Recent Event Sponsors and networking opportunities included:
Important information to remember:
- Candidates must submit the IKF Event Application to be considered for an invitation.
- Candidates will be invited to attend IKF via email on a rolling basis.
- Priority is given to candidates who plan to apply for Fall 2015 admission.
- Admissions interviews will be available:
- Thursday, October 30th (optional day)
- Friday, October 31st
- Saturday, November 1st
- More information on scheduling your interview will be provided with the event invitation
- Participants are responsible for all travel expenses to and from Chapel Hill, including roundtrip airport transfers. Interested participants are encouraged to apply early to book the best airfares.
- Double-occupancy hotel accommodations at the Sheraton Chapel Hill on Thursday and Friday evenings, meals, and event shuttle transportation will be provided by UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School during IKF.
- Guests can be accommodated at select IKF events only. Those events which can accommodate guests will be noted on the agenda at a later date. During all other times, guests are welcome to explore other recreational opportunities in the area.
- Participation in IKF has no bearing on MBA admissions decisions.