November 1-4, 2012
The Alliance of Minority Business Students (AMBS) and Carolina Women in Business (CWIB) are excited to host Inside Kenan-Flagler (IKF): Diversity Preview Weekend in conjunction with the MBA Admissions Office on November 1-4, 2012 here in Chapel Hill. Since 1987, Diversity Preview Weekend has provided an opportunity for us to bring a select group of diverse, top-caliber prospective full-time MBA applicants to campus to experience UNC Kenan-Flagler and Chapel Hill in-person. This year’s IKF participants will experience interactive panels and workshops, social activities and opportunities to engage members of the MBA Admissions Committee, current students, faculty, staff, and UNC Kenan-Flagler alumni.
The UNC-Chapel Hill community values diverse voices as integral to the MBA learning experience. UNC Kenan-Flagler enrolls talented MBAs each year from all walks of life and experiences. Because of our commitment to diversity, we invite students who are underrepresented in American business schools – specifically, women, African Americans, Hispanic Americans and American Indians – to join us in Chapel Hill for Diversity Preview Weekend.
This is a great time to visit UNC Kenan-Flagler. The weather is phenomenal here in the fall. And IKF is a fun and in-depth event where you will be immersed in the program and have a lot of fun. Hotel accommodations, meals and transportation are provided during IKF. But space is limited and all participants must submit a brief event application to receive an invitation to attend. IKF invitations will be distributed on a rolling basis, so apply early!
We hope that you will join us for this unique on-campus opportunity!
The 2012 IKF Event Application is now available!
Click here to complete and submit an IKF event application. Apply early for one of the limited seats!
Important information to remember:
- Candidates will be invited to attend IKF via email on a rolling basis.
- Priority is given to candidates who plan to apply for fall 2013 admission.
- You will have an opportunity to complete your Admissions Interview on Thursday, November 1st or Sunday, November 4th. More information on scheduling your interview will be provided with the event invitation.
- Hotel accommodations, meals and shuttle transportation will be provided during IKF. Accommodations at the Sheraton Chapel Hill will be made available Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings.
- Participants are responsible for all travel expenses to and from Chapel Hill, including airport transfers to and from the hotel. Kenan-Flagler does not reimburse travel expenses to or from Chapel Hill. Interested participants are encouraged to apply early so they can book the best airfares as soon as possible.
- Guests cannot be accommodated at all IKF events. Those events which can accommodate guests will be noted on the agenda as we get closer to the event date. During all other times, guests are welcome to explore other recreational opportunities in the area.
- Apply early - space is limited.
Note: Participation in IKF has no bearing on MBA admission decisions.