Inside UNC Kenan-Flagler (IKF): Minority Preview Weekend
Friday, October 2 - Saturday, October 3, 2015
Hosted by Alliance of Minority Business Students (AMBS) & MBA Admissions Office
Inside UNC Kenan-Flagler (IKF): Minority Preview Weekend participants experience interactive career panels and leadership workshops, admissions and financial aid tips, networking opportunities with corporate representatives and school alumni, advice on maximizing "student life," social activities and opportunities to engage members of the MBA Admissions Committee, current students, faculty, and staff.
Since 1987, IKF has been the weekend for diverse, top-notch prospective full-time MBA students to experience UNC Kenan-Flagler and Chapel Hill in person. And once again, we invite professionals from communities that are underrepresented in American business schools - specifically, African Americans, Hispanic Americans, and American Indians, among others - to submit the IKF Event Application!
Hotel accommodations and meals are provided during IKF. Attendees will be responsible for their own transportation to and from UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School.
Space is limited, and invitations are issued on a rolling basis. You do not need to complete the admissions application before applying for IKF.
Important information to remember:
- Candidates must submit the IKF Event Application to be considered for an invitation. In order to complete the application, you will need:
- A GMAT or GRE score. If you do not have an official score, please provide your most recent practice GMAT exam score. You can find a GMAT practice exam here.
- Your one-page resume highlighting work results, leadership experience and community service.
- A brief statement addressing why you are pursuing an MBA and what you hope to gain by participating in Inside UNC Kenan-Flagler: Minority Preview Weekend.
- Candidates will be invited to attend IKF via email on a rolling basis.
- Priority is given to candidates who plan to apply for Fall 2016 admission.
- Admissions interviews will be available on a limited basis:
- Friday, October 2nd
- Saturday, October 3rd
- More information on scheduling your interview will be provided with the event invitation
- Participants are responsible for all travel and travel expenses to and from UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School. Interested participants are encouraged to apply early to book the best airfares.
- Double-occupancy (two attendees per room) hotel accommodations at the Courtyard Chapel Hill on Friday and Saturday, meals and event shuttle transportation will be provided by UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School during IKF.
- Guests of attendees can be accommodated at select IKF events only. Those events which can accommodate guests will be noted on the agenda at a later date. During all other times, guests are welcome to explore other recreational opportunities in the area.
- Participation in IKF has no bearing on MBA admissions decisions.