Professional career highlights
- Joined KPMG in Raleigh as the first female member of the audit staff
- Held high-level posts culminating as executive vice president and chief financial officer, Avon Products
- One of only 10 female CFOs of Fortune 500 companies during that time
- Member of Avon's senior policy-making group. Led initiatives to streamline the world's largest direct-selling company and improve its information technology
- Purchased Chapel Hill Press, a custom book publishing company
- Serves on boards of directors of Click Commerce, RadioShack, R.H. Donnelley and Students In Free Enterprise
What she does
Woodbury was poised to move to Europe to run operations for Avon's global corporation. But the North Carolina native proved you can go home again to balance career success and personal bliss.
"I wanted to feel I was making a difference," says Woodbury. "We produce books by people who have lived interesting lives, but who might not be published if they didn't do it themselves. We turn their mementos, photos and ideas into books that can hold their own against any in a bookstore."
Most important effect UNC Kenan-Flagler had upon me
"UNC Kenan-Flagler not only taught me the technical skills I needed to have some degree of success in the corporate world, but, more importantly, it prepared me for the challenges and rewards of working with and through others in an environment of diversity."
"I learned, through my experience at UNC, to take advantage of every learning opportunity available to me. I also learned to have the confidence to go after every goal with the belief that I could achieve it."