The Bottom Line & The Greater Good
At UNC Kenan-Flagler we shape leaders who have the courage to do what's right and the knowledge to make it happen.
Core Values in Action
The UNC Kenan-Flagler community lives by its core values: excellence, leadership, integrity, community and teamwork.
We, the members of the UNC Kenan-Flagler community, strive for the very highest standards in everything that we do. We challenge each other to produce important new knowledge at the leading edge of our disciplines, to create an intellectually rigorous learning environment and to show uncompromising dedication to those we serve.
- Rankings: UNC Kenan-Flagler is consistently ranked as one of the top business schools in the world.
- UNC Kenan-Flagler Alumni: 779 UNC Kenan-Flagler alumni are in C-level or VP positions in Fortune 500 companies around the world.
In the 18th century, the people of North Carolina founded UNC, the first state university in the nation. In the 20th century, UNC created one of the nation's first schools of business. In the 21st century, we will build on our heritage by providing innovative leadership in education and research and by inspiring and developing the leaders of the future.
- Leadership Development: We offer the best, most comprehensive leadership program of any top business school.
- UNC Kenan-Flagler Faculty: The thought leadership of UNC-Kenan Flagler professors is recognized in both academic and corporate circles and makes an impact on the practice of business. R.O.I. Magazine, a school publication, features UNC Kenan-Flagler experts.
We cultivate an environment of honesty, sincerity and trust in which we hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards. We believe integrity is the foundation of all moral character and is an essential trait for truly successful professional and personal lives.
- Required Ethics Course: While other schools offer ethics courses as an elective, all UNC Kenan-Flagler MBAs take ethics during their first year as part of the required curriculum.
- Graduate Honor Court: The business school joins the graduate and professional programs of law, dentistry, pharmacy and medicine with its own student-run honor court.
From its earliest days, UNC Chapel Hill has honored and cherished its special responsibility to serve the people of North Carolina. We at UNC Kenan-Flagler extend this notion of responsibility to include service to the nation and the world through research, teaching and community leadership.
We create at UNC Kenan-Flagler a unique atmosphere of collaboration, mutual support and genuine interest in each other's success. Our diverse mix of cultures, races and experiences provides a variety of perspectives and talents that, when united through teamwork, strengthens our ability to achieve our goals.
- UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Curriculum: Designed to integrate and cross disciplines, our curriculum is based on teamwork and uses a number of pedagogical methods, including case study, lecture, simulations and integrative exercises.
- OneMBA Global Executive MBA Program: UNC Kenan-Flagler and its partner schools have delivered 10 years of global executive MBA education, with students learning in global virtual teams.
> Back to About UNC Kenan-Flagler