Please visit your MBA Portal to schedule your interview or visit.
Visiting UNC Kenan-Flagler
Prospective students are encouraged to visit our Chapel Hill, North Carolina campus! You may visit us with or without a scheduled interview. We welcome visitors to participate in our Campus Visit Program on select Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays during the academic year from early September through mid-April. You will have the opportunity to participate in one or more of the following activities:
- Attend an MBA class
- Join a group of MBA students for lunch and Q&A
- Take a tour of the McColl Building, the home base for UNC Kenan-Flagler's MBA Program
- Meet a member of the Admissions Committee and attend an admissions information session
Partners: Your spouse or partner is welcome to attend the campus visit program with you, with the exception of the class visit (limited to prospective students due to space constraints). Please let us know in advance the full name of who will be accompanying you and the date of your visit by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may want to contact one of our MBA Ambassadors prior to your visit.
Note that in addition to the regular Campus Visit Program, we offer several special events on campus throughout the year, including Open Houses, Women's Workshop and Inside UNC Kenan-Flagler. Check our Admissions Events calendar for dates and registration information for these special events.
Interviews are an important component of our holistic application review process. Candidates may self-register for an on-campus interview during the Campus Open Interview Season,
or will be considered by our admissions committee for an interview during our Invitation-Only Interview Season
after submitting an application.
- Interviews are conducted by members of the Admissions Team.
- We use a “blind” format which means the interviewer will have access to your resume, but not to your full application.
- Interviews last around 30-minutes and typically have a conversational tone.
Campus Open Interview Season: September 6, 2016 to October 31, 2016 (tentative dates)
All prospective candidates are invited to interview on campus during our Campus Open Interview Season. An application is not required to take advantage of Campus Open Interview Season, as long as you intend to apply by one of the four application deadlines.
Interviews are offered select Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, on a space-available basis during Campus Open Interview Season. Advanced registration is required, a minimum of nine (9) days prior to the date you would like to interview. Registration will open on August 15th via the MBA Portal. After you have logged into your account, please choose the Interview/Campus Visit link from the left-hand menu in your portal.
Invitation-Only Interviewing Season: After October 31, 2016
Once the Campus Open Interview Season ends or reaches capacity, all further interviews will be by invitation only. Invitations are extended to selected candidates via e-mail. Those invited to interview will receive specific instructions for how to schedule an interview on campus, via webcam, or with an alumnus (conducted by trained alumni in select locations outside the United States).
- There is not a specific interview notification date. You may receive an invitation to interview via e-mail at any time after you submit your application, up until the day of the admissions decision release (see important application dates here).
- If you do not receive an invitation to interview by the decision release date, your admissions decision will be either "deny" or "waitlist". Any candidate accepting a waitlist offer who has not yet interviewed will be invited to do so prior to the next round’s decision release date (or after the Round 4 decision release date for Round 4 applicants).
- Both U.S.-based and international candidates are encouraged to interview on campus whenever possible. Our Campus Visit Program, offered in conjunction with most campus interviews, is an excellent introduction to life as a UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA student. We understand that travel to campus will not be feasible for everyone so there is no penalty for choosing a webcam or off-campus interview. All interview types are weighed equally by the Admissions Committee.
Candidates who attend our August or October Open House, Women’s Workshop or Inside UNC Kenan-Flagler: Minority Preview Weekend will have the opportunity to complete their admissions interview during the events. See the Admissions Events page for additional information.
The Consortium for Graduate Study in Management Applicants
Interviewing instructions are the same for Consortium applicants. We encourage you to take advantage of the Open Interview Season even if you have not yet begun your application through The Consortium. More information about The Consortium for Graduate Study in Management can be found here.
- Our admissions interviews are designed to provide additional insight into your candidacy and evaluate fit for our rigorous academic program and collaborative, team-based environment. The interview is not intended as a forum for candidates to repeat the detailed information collected in the application. While we want to know more about your professional strengths, accomplishments and goals, we are just as interested in your passions, personality, communication skills, what drives you, and the factors in your unique journey that led you to pursue an MBA.
- Candidates interviewing off-campus with an alumnus or member of the Admissions Team should bring a copy of their resume. If you are interviewing on campus, you do not need to bring anything with you; we will have a copy of your resume on hand.
- Business professional attire is recommended for all interview formats.