Emerging Markets Conference
The Global Business Center’s Emerging Markets Conference, held each spring, is a student-led event co-hosted with UNC Kenan-Flagler’s Emerging Market Student Club designed for North Carolina business students with an interest in emerging markets and innovation.
The conference features keynote speakers, panel discussions and a case workshop on issues of global competitiveness in emerging markets, particularly in Brazil, China, India and the continent of Africa.
It offers North Carolina business students the chance to:
- Understand the context and key challenges of doing business in emerging markets.
- Hear novel approaches that create opportunities for emerging market growth across functional areas and industries.
- Learn best practices for innovation in emerging markets.
- Expand their professional networks to companies investing in emerging markets and other students orienting their careers to emerging markets.
Corporate partners gain a prime opportunity to:
- Promote their brand of innovation and thought leadership.
- Access motivated student talent.
- Learn from and build relationships with other organizations taking novel approaches in emerging markets.
Contact the GBC at for information.
This program is supported by a Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) grant from the U.S. Department of Education.