UNC Global Business Center education, research and outreach programs prepare students, educators and business people for global commerce by focusing on three key areas:
Increasing Global Business Competencies and Competitiveness
Consulting programs and on-line, classroom and experiential learning opportunities prepare participants to function effectively in the global business environment:
- Global Business Consulting Projects – Get help with real-world business challenges in four target markets (Brazil, China, India) through this virtual consulting program, which assigns teams of graduate business students to solve real-world challenges their companies face.
- Webinar series – Gain insights into best business practices and cutting-edge developments in applied research from renowned UNC Kenan-Flagler faculty and other experts.
- WORKING Languages™ – Learn the language of business in Mandarin, Portuguese and Spanish through a combination of online classes, conversations with native speakers.
- Cross-cultural training – Improve communication and negotiation styles and learn business etiquette for other cultures through GBC's cross-cultural workshops and classes.
Expanding Research and Knowledge of Global Business Practices
Conferences, grants and lectures increase knowledge and understanding of international business among academics and practitioners:
- Next Generation Conferences – Learn best practices in critical areas of business competitiveness and network with hundreds of business, government, nonprofit and academic leaders at this annual conference at UNC.
- Junior Faculty Research Roundtable – Discuss trends in applied research and network with junior faculty following The Next Generation conference each year.
- Mini-grants – Get funding for research, teaching and outreach related to international business through CIBER’s annual grant program for UNC faculty and doctoral students.
- Global Supply Chain Management – UNC food safety and cold chain experts are developing an online platform to support companies and researchers with business development and logistics in China.
- Business Language Conference and Awards – Advance techniques, tools and assessments in language instruction and compete for research and teaching awards at this annual conference of language researchers and instructors from around the United States.
- Symposium on Sustainability and Innovation in Global Contexts – Examine the most serious challenges facing societies across the globe at this annual symposium, open to the public, which focuses on entrepreneurial and sustainable approaches to addressing complex problems.
- Global Business Speakers Series – Attend public lectures featuring successful business people and experts speaking on topics of global business competitiveness, hosted by UNC Global Business Center with other internationally focused partners across campus.
Training Educators to Prepare Students for the Global Marketplace
Professional development opportunities help K-16 instructors and leaders of community colleges and minority-serving institutions internationalize their curricula and prepare their students for career success: