About the Global Business Center
The Global Business Center (GBC) at the UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School increases the global competence of business students, faculty and staff, with a focus on emerging markets.
The GBC is home to:
Our priorities are to:
- Expand research and knowledge of best global business practices.
- Increase global business competencies in students.
- Develop educators and staff to prepare students for the global marketplace.
The Global Business Center seeks to provide the most integrated, intensive and impactful global business education program among UNC Kenan-Flagler’s peer institutions, with a focus on emerging markets.
Our Definition of Global Competence
Globally competent individuals are:
- Aware of global sociopolitical systems and trends and their impact on business operations.
- Able to adapt their own communication styles to other cultures and can positively impact globally diverse teams as a member or leader.
- Willing to break out of their own cultural comfort zone for in-depth interaction with the local population.
- Proficient in at least one foreign language.
Our Core Values
We, the members of the Global Business Center community, strive for the very highest standards in everything that we do. We challenge each other to produce only excellent outcomes, to continuously look for ways to improve our programs to show uncompromising dedication to those we serve, and to bring out the best in all those we work with.
We will provide innovative leadership in global business education and increase the global capacity of Kenan-Flagler students, faculty, staff and business professionals.
We cultivate an environment of honesty, sincerity and trust in which we hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards. We believe integrity is the foundation of all moral character and is an essential trait for truly successful professional and personal lives.
We create at the Global Business Center and among our constituents a unique atmosphere of collaboration, mutual support and genuine interest in each other's success. We embrace our diverse mix of cultural, language, professional and personal experiences as constant opportunities for growth and unite through teamwork that strengthens our ability to achieve the Center's goals.
The Global Business Center sees its responsibility to serve not only the people of North Carolina, but also the entire United States. We function as a national resource by sharing knowledge, best practices and research and providing access to information for a broad population through technology.