The Global Business Center at UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School is the driving force behind the School's Global Education Initiative. Our mission is to increase the global competencies of business students, faculty and staff by providing:
- Experiential student education on and off campus along with assessment, reflection and feedback
- Professional development for faculty and staff
- Support for faculty’s curricular innovation and field-advancing research
Our priorities are to:
- Enhance the global competencies of all UNC Kenan-Flagler students, which will give them a competitive advantage in their careers
- Develop educators and staff to prepare students for the global marketplace
- Support curricular innovation for global business education
- Expand cutting-edge research in global business
- Serve as a hub for global education and a partner for the University at large, recruiters and alumni
Ultimately, the Global Business Center integrates global education into the UNC Kenan-Flagler’s learning environment for all its students — undergraduate, graduate, U.S. and international.
The Center is also home to:
The Global Business Center seeks to deliver the most integrated, innovative and impactful global business education available.
Our Core Values
The members of the Global Business Center community strive for the very highest standards in everything that we do. We challenge each other to produce only excellent outcomes, continuously look for ways to improve our programs, show uncompromising dedication to those we serve and bring out the best in all those we work with.
We provide innovative leadership in global business education through the Global Education Initiative, and increase the global capacity of UNC Kenan-Flagler students, faculty, staff and business professionals.
We cultivate an environment of honesty, sincerity and trust in which we hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards. We believe integrity is the foundation of all moral character and is an essential trait for truly successful professional and personal lives.
We create at the Global Business Center and among our constituents a unique atmosphere of collaboration, mutual support and genuine interest in each other's success. The global focus of our work requires that we embrace and leverage our diverse mix of cultural, language, professional and personal experiences as constant opportunities for growth, and unite through teamwork that strengthens our ability to achieve the Center's goals.
We serve the people of North Carolina and the United States, as well as students and faculty who come to UNC Kenan-Flagler from other countries. We function as a national and international resource by sharing knowledge, best practices and research, and providing access to information for a broad population through technology. The diversity of our student and faculty communities is one of our greatest assets.